Unfortunately, the Gastrointestinal disorders They have a very high incidence in pets. Among the most common digestive discomfort in dogs, we find excessive formation of gas. While the smell may be unpleasant, the real concern is in the possible causes of flatulence canines
Does your dog have a lot of gases? Of course, you should quickly consult the veterinarian you trust to find out your best friend's health status and confirm the cause of this gastrointestinal disturbance. In this new Animal Expert article, you can meet some home remedies for gas in dogs, yes, do not forget that the veterinarian is the only professional properly trained to prescribe a specific treatment appropriate to your hairy.
Why do dogs have gases?
The possible ones are diverse causes of gases in the digestive tract of dogs, but they usually appear as a symptom that your body has some imbalance. Therefore, it is essential to go quickly to the veterinarian to see that your dog has a lot of flatulence. So that you can inform yourself, we summarize below the main causes of gas in dogs.
- Diet and eating habits: In general, gastrointestinal problems are related to an unbalanced diet or poor eating habits. A gluttonous dog and / or that eats very fast usually ingests a large amount of air while feeding, which facilitates the development of digestive problems. In addition, a diet that contains an excessive intake of carbohydrates and cereals also favors the formation of gases in dogs. We must be very attentive to the composition of the feed we offer to our furry. Low quality products often contain little animal protein and many cereal flours, such as corn, soybeans and rice. This is an economical, but not very responsible, way to reach the minimum protein percentage required of a balanced dog food. However, these cereals cause high fermentation in the digestive system of animals, giving rise to excessive gases. Therefore, if you choose to feed your best friend with feed, remember to always choose high-end products (line Premium).
- Allergies: Allergies in dogs are very frequent and can interfere with their digestive process. Some foods, such as eggs, dairy, chicken and cereals, are among the main causes of food allergies in dogs. Hypersensitive responses of the immune system usually cause skin reactions, stomach upset and intestinal gas formation. In these cases it may be advisable to carry out some of the allergy tests for dogs with our veterinarian.
- Pathologies: Many diseases can lead to air concentration and swelling in the abdominal region of dogs. In these cases we would observe that the dog has gases and does not expel them. In addition, intestinal parasites are often a frequent cause of gas in dogs.
To start a effective treatment and eliminate the gases in the dog, it will be essential to know the causes that are causing them, which will be determined after performing diagnostic tests In a veterinary center. The specialist, once determined the origin of the problem, will recommend one treatment or another. For that reason, if you have observed gas in your dogs and other alarming symptoms, go to the vet.
What can I give my dog if it has gas?
As we mentioned, the specific treatment for the flatulence of the dog must be prescribed by a veterinarian, after the cause identification of this gastrointestinal problem. The professional may consider it appropriate to include natural supplements and homemade recipes for the recovery of the dog. But what can we give a dog if it has gas?
Here are some home remedies for gas in dogs:
- Probiotics: Probiotic foods contain a set of beneficial bacteria (such as lactobacillus) which are naturally found in the intestinal flora of dogs. The presence of these microorganisms helps improve digestive metabolism and optimizes nutrient absorption. They also collaborate to strengthen the immune system and prevent the proliferation of pathogenic bacteria in the digestive tract. What>
Prevention: the best natural remedy for gas in dogs
While gases in dogs are frequently diagnosed, they should not be understood as "something normal." A dog that releases malodorous gases has a gastrointestinal problem that can derive from its diet or from some underlying pathology, and must receive veterinary attention to establish an effective treatment. In addition, the dog may suffer pain if he experiences a lot of gas.
Therefore, preventing the formation of gases is essential to preserve the good health of your best friend. Here are some tips to avoid gas in dogs:
- Always choose an excellent lime feed>
This article is purely informative, at ExpertAnimal.com we have no power to prescribe veterinary treatments or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to take your pet to the veterinarian in case he presents any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies for gas in dogsWe recommend that you enter our section on Intestinal Problems.
There are a number of habits and natural foods that help to avoid awkward flatulence.
The intestinal gas Are they making your life impossible? There are many people who suffer from this ailment, which can be most uncomfortable. The gas waves flatulence occur when excessive air accumulates in the stomach. These can become very annoying and painful and can even cause nausea. Poor digestion can form gases, either by eating certain types of foods, by combining them poorly, or by making abundant meals.
Are you tired of these uncomfortable Stomach gases after each meal? If you are tired of these uncomfortable stomach gases, read the following home remedies to control and avoid them.
It is very useful to improve digestion and control stomach gas. It is important to eat it fresh, either alone or with other foods.
2. Lemon Juice
Thanks to the healing properties of the lemon especially in relation to the digestive tract, drinking a lemon juice before and after each meal makes a big difference in the formation of gas, since it helps to reduce its formation. The most advisable thing is to take it at lunch and dinner.
5. Apple and honey vinegar
In a glass of water add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and two also of honey, and you have to drink this mixture little by little during lunch or dinner. It helps the elimination of gases because it favors the regulation of stomach acids and facilitates intestinal transit.
6. Anise infusion
As easy as boiling a cup of water, lowering the heat and adding a tablespoon of anise powder, and before drinking it, let it rest for about 3 minutes. This infusion is good to end the gases and pain that this can produce. To be more effective this preparation must be taken every day.
7. Ginger root
You can drink ginger tea, take a tablespoon of grated ginger before meals or also add small amounts dry or fresh to meals. All this will help you control and alleviate the gas problem.
9. Dandelion tea
It is a medicinal plant with numerous benefits for many health problems, including those related to digestion. Drinking tea before meals prevents gas, it can also be consumed with meals already prepared as long as it is dry and crushed. Fresh or dried parsley in food is a home remedy that works very well to control gas production in the intestine.